Friday, April 1, 2011

Rangers Opening Day

 Opening Day is here… finally! 

As a Rangers fan, this offseason was different than any other I have experienced.  Usually, I could care less what was happening at Spring Training.  Usually, I am focused on the Mavs and Stars and the Rangers are out of mind.  Usually, I don’t spend hours contemplating the Rangers potential opening day line-up with friends.  But usually, the Rangers don’t make it to the World Series!

Last season was phenomenal.  It finally brought some hope back to Rangers fans.  I remember seeing a license Plate with the Rangers insignia that said “NXT YR”.  So true.  It was always next year.  Next year we will get pitching.  Next year our rookies will pan out.  Finally Rangers fans are thinking THIS year!

I thought it might be fun to take a look at today’s starting line-up compared to those in years past.  Today’s probable line-up looks like this:

2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
LF Josh Hamilton
3B Adrian Beltre
DH Michael Young
RF Nelson Cruz
1B Mike Napoli
C Yorvit Torrealba
CF Julio Borbon
SP CJ Wilson

When you have Nelly Cruz hitting 6th, I think you are gonna put up some runs!  Here is what the opening day line-ups have looked like going back to the year I was born, 1985:


Check out the All-Roid All Stars in 2001!

There aren’t words to explain last year’s playoffs. It was amazing.  I never thought I would get to see a Rangers World Series game but I did.  Unfortunately the result was not good, but at least I got to see it.

Five hours until the new season!  It’s Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment