Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fantasy Gold

Gentleman,

I would like to point out that with my Tournament Pick ‘Em gold trophy I now have a first place trophy in every fantasy sport we play. This brings me to a tough a decision; do I keep playing or simply retire and take on a position as fantasy consultant?

In making this decision, I decided to take a look at the Overall Performance percentage for some of the people in our league.

As much as it pains me to say this Anthony sat at the top of the stack with 55%. He also only had 24 eligible teams. I guess the hours of devotion has paid off. Good job my friend. The consultant's consultant.

G-Money with 50%, not bad, but I would like to point out the number of third place finishes. I'll applaud that glorious gold football trophy but the rest is just sad. The trick to gold in baseball this year is Nick Markakis, let me know when you are ready for him. By the way, I thought they changed from gold soccer trophies to miniature Michael Jackson trophies.


The basketball beast J-Rose had 48%.

I also sit at 48% which isn't the best but...damn I have a lot of gold trophies. I'm king of hot or cold. Last or first. I go for broke baby. Gamble big and sometimes it will payoff, like taking Markakis this year who is batting .430 5 games in. He is perfect for that second spot in the lineup behind Roberts, and in front of the power hitters Vlad and Derek Lee. Another gold is on the horizon! Markakis will piggy back that trophy and drop it at my feet. Whoa!

Cheeshead Abel with 45%, not bad just play more you only have 15 eligible teams. Three gold football. Nicely done but two of them are from '07.

Tigh with only 44% but I can't say much because he is just pulled off the back-to-back. Fierce. Keeps all of us on our fantasy toes with his smooth trash talking and excellent draft complaints.

Face with 41% but 65 eligible teams. Devotion and dedication will eventually lead you down the road to success.

Next was J-Mart with 31%. I spit my coffee on myself and moved on.

In reality we have a great league. I love nerding out and obsessing over the numbers with you guys. I like the smack talk when we all get together, I like the never ending talk of trade possibilities and I like seeing Rose get mad when those trades get vetoed. Let's keep this up for as long as we all can and we really need to try and get together on Sundays this year for football (if there is football).


"Andre: What do you mean, there are different levels of friendship?
Taco: Yeah, definitely.
Ruxin: Look, there's the United Nations, then there's the Security Council, okay?
[Motions to the whole group of Pete, Kevin, Taco, Andre and himself]
Ruxin: United Nations...
[points to Pete and Kevin]
Ruxin: Security Council.
[Points to Andre]
Ruxin: GHANA."

"Andre: Where were you at, man?
Taco: I was just having sex with some girl in a Prius. I love having sex in Priuses, 'cause you're not only having sex, you're saving the environment too."

1 comment:

  1. That 2010 World Cup trophy is my prized posession. If i never win again I will be ok. Ok, thats a lie.

    - G-Money

    ReplyDelete