Wednesday, May 11, 2011

SPB on Location: Nocturnal Fest

"No, I'm not going any closer," Ed said.

"What do you mean?  Why not?" I asked.

"Trust me, the base is so intense you don't want to get any closer."

We were waiting for Bassnectar to start his set at the Nocturnal Festival.  Nocturnal Fest is a 2-night electronic music festival in a field 45 miles from anything worth knowing.  

Ed was right.  When Bassnectar began, it felt as if my brains were going to explode out of my ears... in a good way though.  
The festival consisted of numerous DJs and bands, some of the best people watching I have ever seen, enough lights and lasers to make anyone epileptic, and copious amounts of drugs and alcohol.  See video below:

The Stink Pickle Blog debated the best way to try to describe this otherwordly experience to its voracious readership.  In the end, we decided that any kind of written description would fall short.  So here are a few pictures from the festival with our best captions.


LOOK OUT HOT GIRL!!! The lasers are going to cut you in half!!!
Y...M...C...Dubstep
 

Ghostland Observatory was the "peak"

The picture isn't blurry we are

 Nocturnal = spinning lights, 3D glasses, glow sticks and a blank stare

Things got weird

Then things got really weird

I promise, it really looked this way

I dare you to party this hard!


I'm PEAKING!!!!
The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment